1. James Brown - The 'Godfather of Soul' James Brown was named the subject of one of the highest profile cases of DNA testing in recent history. The trial examined whether children alleged the musician was actually fathered by him, and a series of independent tests for paternity DNA were processed in order to establish paternity. Test of 12 submitted, only two have returned to be positively identified as descendants of Brown - one of whom is now a woman of 45 years.
2. Eddie Murphy - Modern comedy legend Eddie Murphy was involved in a high profile case for DNA testing in particular caught the attention of the media and full of bright column inches. His trial was to establish the paternity of the daughter of Melanie Brown (aka Mel B) of Spice Girls fame during a separation process. Was determined after harvest and processing of samples from the child, the mother and alleged father, Eddie Murphy was indeed the father of the son of his ex-partner.
3. Anna Nicole Smith - TV personality and model Anna Nicole Smith was pushed to the forefront of media scrutiny if the evidence of high-profile celebrities of DNA, where it was the paternity of her daughter to the question. Initially, the partner of Howard K. Stern was nominated as the likely father on national television, prompting the media storm surrounding the testing process - although the methods of DNA paternity test proved to be ex-husband Larry Birkhead as the biological father of the child.
4. Marie Antoinette - Queen and icon of French history, Marie Antoinette was recently the subject of DNA testing and advanced sampling techniques. DNA from hair is supposed to have been to Antoinette was collected and tested with DNA obtained from the heart of Louis XVII. Thanks to advances in processing technologies of DNA, the samples were able to match to determine that indeed a genetic link between DNA samples, confirming the identity of the hair.
5. Thomas Jefferson - Thomas Jefferson was the third President of the United States of America, and is widely regarded as one of the main founders of the modern constitution. However, his image has been somewhat tarnished by allegations of origin for over 200 years who had children with his slave Sally Hemmings. After DNA samples were recovered from the relevant parties, determined that the child alleged Eston Hemmings was in the sharing of genetic material on the male side with Thomas Jefferson, although no firm conclusions were drawn as to whether this subject was with Jefferson personally.
In conclusion, it is clear to see in the above examples, the power of DNA testing and the role it has and will continue in our lives.